Friday, 25 July 2014

A Most Wanted Man

WRITTEN BY: Andrew Bovell
DIRECTED BY: Anton Corbijn
STARRING: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Rachel McAdams, Grigoriy Dobrygin, Robin Wright
RATING: 1.5 stars

A Most Wanted Man had all the makings of a good espionage thriller, but it faltered so badly that I almost fell asleep during the screening. The film is based on a novel by John le Carré, which in turn is based on a true story, so the tale should be intriguing. Instead, it felt too long and the characters were neither truly evil nor particularly nice, so there was little care for what might happen to them despite a well-known cast. I saw the film about a week ago and already my memories of it are starting to fade. I imagine in a month I will barely even remember that this film exists.










No comments:

Post a Comment