After the results of the Screen Actors Guild Awards, two things are almost certain - Anne Hathaway will win a best supporting actress Academy Award for Les Miserables and Daniel Day-Lewis will win best actor for Lincoln. The best actress category remains a toss up between Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence. My tip for best supporting actor is still Christoph Waltz but that category is also a little more open after today. I'd like to think Argo is the strongest chance for best picture too, but it is still a relatively open competition.
Here is the full list of winners at the SAG Awards.
Outstanding performance by a cast
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Silver Linings Playbook
WINNER: Daniel Day Lewis, Lincoln
Hugh Jackman - Les Miserables
John Hawkes - The Sessions
Bradley Cooper - Silver Linings Playbook
Denzel Washington – Flight
WINNER: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Naomi Watts - The Impossible
Helen Mirren - Hitchcock
Marion Cotillard - Rust and Bone
Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty
WINNER: Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln
Robert De Niro - Silver Linings Playbook
Alan Arkin - Argo
Javier Bardem - Skyfall
Philip Seymour Hoffman - The Master
WINNER: Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
Nicole Kidman - The Paperboy
Sally Field - Lincoln
Helen Hunt - The Sessions
Maggie Smith - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Best stunt ensemble
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Bourne Legacy
The Dark Knight Rises
Outstanding performance by an ensemble in a drama series
WINNER: Downton Abbey
Outstanding performance by an ensemble in a comedy series
WINNER: Modern Family
The Big Bang Theory
Outstanding performance by an actor in a drama series
WINNER: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Steve Buscemi - Boardwalk Empire
Jeff Daniels - The Newsroom
Jon Hamm - Mad Men
Damian Lewis - Homeland
Outstanding performance by an actress in a drama series
WINNER: Claire Danes - Homeland
Michelle Dockery - Downton Abbey
Jessica Lange - American Horror Story: Asylum
Julianna Margulies - The Good Wife
Maggie Smith - Downton Abbey
Outstanding performance by an actor in a comedy series
WINNER: Alec Baldwin - 30 Rock
Ty Burrell - Modern Family
Louis C.K. - Louie
Jim Parsons - The Big Bang Theory
Eric Stonestreet - Modern Family
Outstanding performance by an actress in a comedy series
WINNER: Tina Fey - 30 Rock
Edie Falco - Nurse Jackie
Amy Poehler - Parks and Recreation
Sofia Vergara - Modern Family
Betty White - Hot in Cleveland
Outstanding performance by an actor in a telemovie or miniseries
WINNER: Kevin Costner - Hatfields & McCoys
Woody Harrelson - Game Change
Ed Harris - Game Change
Clive Owen - Hemingway & Gellhorn
Bill Paxton - Hatfields & McCoys
Outstanding performance by an actress in a telemovie or miniseries
WINNER: Julianne Moore - Game Change
Nicole Kidman - Hemingway & Gellhorn
Charlotte Rampling - Restless
Sigourney Weaver - Political Animals
Alfre Woodard - Steel Magnolias
Best stunt ensemble
WINNER: Game of Thrones
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Life Achievement Award recipient - Dick Van Dyke
BEST AND WORST DRESSED:
Well there were more bad than good dresses this year. Here is my list of the best and worst dressed celebrities on the red carpet.
- Sofia Vergara - Stunning in an off-white dress that accentuates her curves.
- Lea Michelle - Pretty in pink. I'm not sure how she manages to make this dress work, because it is very bright, but she does.
- Jennifer Garner - She looked comfortable and classy in gold.
- Marion Cotillard - Love the blue and white combination. I just hope she can walk in that dress.
- Naomi Watts - She tends to wear very similar dresses lately but this one is still a winner.
- Indina Menzel - Too tight, not at all flattering.
- Anne Hathaway - Black is supposed to be a safe and easy dress option. Not in this case.
- Jane Krakowski - I think it's orange. Right? Well, it's certainly ugly.
- Rose Byrne - That dress needs some trimming all over and some new fabric. Actually, just throw it out and start again.
- Naya Rivera - It looks like she had a wardrobe malfunction, but that's just the "style" of the dress apparently.