Monday, 31 December 2012

Most anticipated films of 2013


Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

2013 is shaping up to be a good year for blockbusters and dramas. I've compiled a list of films I'm looking forward to seeing next year. Please share your thoughts in the comments section.

10 most anticipated films of 2013 in no particular order:

The Great Gatsby - So much hype. Hopefully it's worth it. Such a classic book and Baz has assembled a great cast so he's half way there already.

Django Unchained - Tarantino and Leo together at last. It was released in the US on Christmas Day and has been doing very well. I'm expecting great things.

Gangster Squad - Looks like so much fun. I get excited every time I see the trailer.



The Wolverine - It promises a lot. I hope it can deliver especially since the previous Wolverine film had so many mixed reviews.

Safe Haven - I'm a sucker for Nicholas Sparks novels so I have high hopes for this film despite recent disappointments of film adaptations of his books.

Oz: The Great and Powerful - The trailers look good. Fantastic cast lined up for this film too.



A Good Day To Die Hard - Just because I miss John Maclane.

Iron Man 3 - Any excuse to watch Robert Downey Jr being swauve and cool is good.

Jobs - I'm still wondering whether Ashton Kutcher can act. This will be the test.

Life Of Pi - A lot of people who have already seen this film have said they loved it. It opens on New Year's Day in Australia and should be a success.




Honourable mentions:

Thor: The Dark World - The first film was a surprise success and Chris Hemsworth was fantastic in The Avengers. It should be good to see Thor back in action.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - The first film took too long to establish itself but came together quite nicely in the end. The sequel should be equally as visually stunning and fans of the novel will know the story gets more interesting too.

Inside Llewyn Davis - Not a blockbuster, but this looks like an interesting film. It's no secret I champion Garrett Hedlund as an actor so I'm looking forward to this one.

12 Years a Slave - Michael Fassbender reunites with Steve McQueen and brings Brad Pitt along for the ride. I'm expecting a lot of intensity from this film.

 
Then there are films I am interested to see but hold some trepidation:

Anna Karenina - I'm fairly certain the worst actress in the world (Keira Knightley) will ruin it for me just as she ruined Pride and Prejudice and Atonement. But I'm hoping I will be wrong.

World War Z - After so much great work from Brad Pitt in 2011, he hit a couple of stumbling points in 2012, especially with that Chanel No. 5 ad. People are already hating this film before anyone has even seen it. Let's hope it's not as bad as we all dread.

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For - Many enjoyed the first film, but have they waited too long for the sequel?






No comments:

Post a Comment