Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2012

Here is a list of films I'm looking forward to seeing this year:

1) Prometheus - I love the Alien film franchise, so just the thought of this prequel is exciting. It's in good hands with director Ridley Scott, so I'm expecting a great film.





2) Les Miserables - One of my favourite musicals based on Victor Hugo's classic novel set in 19th-century France. Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe together should be great. The supporting cast, which includes Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter, is also looking promising.

3) J. Edgar - So much hype about this film coming from the US. Edgar was a complex man, so this film should provide an interesting insight. I love everything Leonardo DiCaprio and Clint Eastwood do, so surely this will be a success.





4) The Dark Knight Rises - Can it top its predecessor? It's looking good, based on the trailer. Very excited to see this final instalment in the Christopher Nolan trilogy.

5) The Avengers - This film includes the characters Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America. I'm hoping this culmination of some great comic book action heroes does the story justice.

6) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - My inner-child danced with glee when I saw the trailer for this film. Can't wait!





7) My Week With Marilyn - Portraying an icon like Marilyn Monroe is no easy feat, but it looks like Michelle Williams has done a great job. I love a good biopic.

8) The Artist - I love so-called "old" films and The Artist pays homage to the silent film era. It's getting a lot of award attention so I'm expecting good things from this film.





9) The Great Gatsby - Baz Luhrmann is back and re-teaming with Leonardo DiCaprio. There's been so much hype surrounding this film because they shot it in Australia. I love the novel, so hopefully the film will be a winner.

10) The Gangster Squad - Set in the 40's and 50's, The Gangster Squad looks like a great Mafia film. The cast includes Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Sean Penn, Nick Nolte and Josh Brolin.


Notable mentions:

The Vow - Yes, I like soppy films that make me cry, ok? Based on a true story, The Vow looks like it could also have been a Nicholas Sparks novel. Don't forget to bring some tissues.

The Lucky One - This film is actually adapted from a Nicholas Sparks novel. Zac Efron is all grown up and plays a war hero. I expect more tissues will be needed for this tear-jerker.





Other highly anticipated films, which may not be released in Australia until 2013:

Cogan's Trade - I will watch anything with Brad Pitt in it. He just gets better with age.

World War Z - Brad Pitt again. Zombies too. What's not to love?

Django Unchained - This film has been written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. The impressive cast includes Jamie Foxx playing Django, a slave turned bounty hunter, as well as Leonardo DiCaprio as a villain, Christoph Waltz, Kurt Russell, Sarah Baron Coen, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Samuel L. Jackson and Anthony LaPaglia.


What are you looking forward to seeing in 2012?

Comments

  1. I am particularly looking forward to seeing...
    J. Edgar
    The Vow
    The Lucky One
    The Great Gatsby
    The Gangster Squad
    My Week with Marilyn
    Les Miserables

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list! 'Gangster Squad' & 'Cogan's Trade' sound awesome outside of the good selection of blockbusters 'Avengers', 'The Hobbit', 'Dark Knight Rises' and 'Prometheus'.

    'Les Mis' could be real suprise too considering the talent on board.

    I think 'J.Edgar' will be a dud though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, Cam? I don't think Clint or Leo can do wrong, so I'm expecting to be well entertained :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment